We have completed an interesting project where initially the client suspected that the aquifer was running dry, as the borehole output had dropped off and the pump was sucking air. Due to the location of the site and knowledge of the ground conditions, we suspected that the fault was more than likely due to the PVC bore screen having become blocked and silted up.
Our MD Rory often spends his nights deep in thought and dreaming up problem solving ideas. So once our client had contacted us, with Rory's vast knowledge of hands on engineering skills, he devised a method to desilt the bore and clean the bore screen section. (We can't actually say what this device is as it's now a trade secrete).
As soon as our engineers arrived on site they immediately realised that our suspicions were in fact correct, as all around the bore entrance and surrounding area was a fine film of silt. We rigged up our desilting device and put it to work. Within a short period of time it was obvious that our plan was going to be successful, as we had removed quite a large volume of silt from the bore increasing the yield. The more silt we removed the greater the yield.
Once this process was completed a new Caprari Borehole Submersible pump was installed and the bore test pump. Our client was ecstatic as they had started to consider that it was going to be necessary to drill a new borehole water supply.
If you are experiencing similar problems then contact us for further advice, we would be more than happy to offer our services.